Monday, October 03, 2011

On Purpose

During this season, I was encouraged by a veteran worker to map out the next twenty years of my life by "beginning with the end in mind."  What do I want to accomplish in the next 20 years?  What kind of person do I want to become?  And what specific steps do I intend to take to see these long-term goals become realities.

It made me realize my own tendency to settle for general aims in different areas of my life (career, parenting, marriage, spiritual, etc.).  And rather than working steadily and intentionally toward a well-painted target, I find myself hoping that Father will somehow intervene through the circumstances of my life to re-direct me toward His best. 

Be thinking of us during this time as we thoughtfully map out the road ahead.

Warmly,
David and Grace