Thursday, April 29, 2010

For a good cause ...

Recently, I went to a local park in the afternoon to review some materials.  At all times of day, people are out milling about, chatting, playing cards, or just relaxing.  As soon as I sat down on the grass, a young man approached me and explained that he was a student at a school that trains hairdressers/barbers.  He asked if I wanted a free hair wash.  He insisted that it would be a big help to him and the other students.

He led me to their school and into their "classroom."  After that he took a tiny bottle of water and squirted a bit into my hair and then directly applied that shampoo (I learned later that this is a technique, not an indication that they have a shortage of water)  : ).  After they washed my hair, they blow-dried it.  And this is how it turned out.

Emily almost didn't recognize me.  I rode home on my electric bicycle as fast as I could, pleading that I wouldn't see anyone I knew.  Sure enough, I bumped into one of my teachers and had to explain why my hair looked the way it did.  At least my family had a good laugh about it!