Thursday, March 06, 2008

Unexpected Visit

I (Gracy) was outside with the kids and was chatting--as best I could!--with one of the grandmothers who lives in our apartment complex. I see her out often with her grandson, who is about a year younger than Caleb. She and her husband live with her daughter and son-in-law, and she takes care of her grandson while they are at work. She is always very kind and loves talking to the kids. Well, while we were chatting, she held Susanna for a bit, and then invited us up to their apartment to let Caleb and her grandson play. I was so excited to begin a friendship with her and her family. Their gracious hospitality and humble openness is so refreshing. My heart is especially warm toward the older generation--perhaps because I miss my own grandmothers so much. It will be nice to have one here to visit with from time to time.