Saturday, February 09, 2008

Rest



There are times in life when the path seems so clear. You are motivated, prepared, and ready to take the next step. That's when the bottom falls out on your plans. It during these times of uncertainty that you begin to wonder about whoever is pulling the strings up there! Then you have a moment of clarity when you are reminded of what you believe to be true.

I was riding in the car the other day and a song came on the radio about a parent's response to his child. As he came home one day and was confronted with his child's handwriting on the wall, he had to stifle a laugh in order to maintain his parental presence. Yet he could not contain the joy that welled up inside him at the sight of his vulnerable child. He opened his arms and embraced her with a smile that came from deep inside.

I thought about my children, and immediately a broad smile came to my face and tears to my eyes as my love for them threatened to burst out of my chest. And I thought, if He loves me like I love them, then I can finally lay down my fears and my frustration and rest.