Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Easter Sunday






We had a great Easter--David's family got to come down and spend a couple of days with us, and then on Sunday we had a big dinner at my parents' house with my extended family. Susanna wore her tiny new dress and looked like a little doll. Caleb had a blast getting gifts and hunting eggs. He thought the eggs were fine, but what he really cared about were the few prize cars that were hidden. It was a real dilemma for him as to how he could hold them all--he put the eggs in the basket, but he didn't want to let go of the cars! He finally made use of his pockets where he knew they'd be safe.
This Easter was very special to me. As I watched my children it was like going back to all my Easters past--the joy of celebrating life, the warmth and happiness of family, the beauty of spring. I remember wearing my new dress each year, taking family pictures, eating a huge meal and hunting eggs in the brilliant sunshine with my brothers and cousins in my grandmother's back yard--like it was yesterday. And now seeing my kids do the same is like seeing myself through my parents’ eyes--feeling what they must have felt so many years ago. Funny the cycle of life that plays out over time--the beauty and joys that come and go and then come again, only more rich and full the second time.