Tuesday, May 08, 2012

Where to Begin (Part 3)

By the time I boarded the plane in February, though I was convinced that this would be a pivotal time in our relationship with this organization, I was still optimistic that we could find common ground and move forward.

Sadly, by the close of our main meeting, it was clear that an opinion of me had been formed (prior to the meeting) that would not be easily dislodged.  We were informed concerning our return to our country of service that the road ahead was unclear.

Feeling confused and deeply misunderstood, I returned home to share the news with our support network here.

This has been a time of much soul-searching for Gracy and I.  This experience served to confirm with painful clarity that the Father is indeed leading us in a different direction.    

Little did we know that a short time later, He would open an unexpected door that would cause our hearts to soar with joy.

To be continued ...